The Extron MGP 464 Four Window Multi-Window Processor is a powerful, high resolution graphics processor that enables the simultaneous display of four images on a single screen. It is ideal for applications demanding critical quality graphics and video presentations, including command and control centers, videoconferencing, medical facilities, courtrooms, and boardrooms. The MGP 464 combines high performance graphics scaling with flexible and customizable picture-in-picture functionality.
A wide range of input sources can be accommodated, from composite video to HDTV 1080p/60, and computer video at up to 1920×1200 resolution. The MGP 464 is also available with DVI and HD-SDI inputs. Any of up to 19 available inputs to the MGP 464 can be scaled and placed in any of up to four windows for picture-in-picture display. The MGP 464 offers selectable output rates up to 1920×1200 computer video and HDTV 1080p/60, through analog RGB or component video as well as DVI.
An advanced feature set enables custom multi-image displays, including picture-in-picture window positioning, size, zoom, priority, image freeze, bordering with selectable colors, and text labeling. The MGP 464 incorporates picture and window fine tuning controls for infinitely variable picture-in-picture customization. Windows can appear and disappear using elegant effects including wipes and dissolves for enhanced, professional quality multi-image presentations.
With Extron’s Graphic Still Store, screen captures of the current output can be stored for use as presentation background images. Alternatively, BMP bitmap graphics can be uploaded from a PC via the Ethernet port, and recalled as a background. In addition, live video from a DVI source can also serve as the background to any presentation. Images stored on the MGP 464 can be downloaded to a PC through Ethernet for archival use.
The MGP 464 features full front panel controls for comprehensive, integrator and user-friendly access to all functions. Remote control of the MGP 464 is available via RS-232 with Extron SIS™ – Simple Instruction Set. Ethernet control enables remote management and support from any computer with a Web browser.
- Combines video, HDTV, and high resolution RGB input sources into four windows on a single display
- Inputs: Four universal analog video inputs on BNCs for RGBHV up to 1920×1200, component video up to 1080p/60 HDTV, S-video, or composite video; 15 virtual video inputs on BNCs accept various combinations of composite video, S-video, and component video sources; live background input on DVI; and optional inputs – four DVI-D or two DVI-D and two HD-SDI
- Outputs: Scaled picture-in-picture output on DVI-D and BNCs as RGBHV, RGBS, RGsB, or HD component video
- RGB, HDTV component video, and DVI output — The MGP 464 simultaneously outputs analog RGB computer-video or HDTV component video signals and digital DVI, for compatibility with virtually any display device.
- Optional DVI and HD-SDI inputs — The MGP 464 is available with four DVI inputs, or with two DVI inputs and two HD-SDI inputs. These inputs enable easy integration of digital video sources into AV systems, and together with the DVI output, allow the MGP 464 to operate within an all-digital video system. The HD-SDI-equipped MGP 464 complies with SMPTE 292M and ITU-R BT.1120 standards for high definition digital video.
- Selectable output rates from 640×480 to 1920×1200, including HDTV 1080p/60
- Picture-in-picture adjustments for window positioning, sizing, zoom, and priority; background and window border color selection
- Graphic Still Store enables use of screen captures or uploaded graphics as background images — A powerful feature that enables screen captures of the current output, or uploaded BMP bitmap graphics, to be stored in memory. Images stored on the MGP 464 can be downloaded to a PC as BMP files for archiving.
- Background images can be used to create themed multimedia presentations — An image stored in the Graphic Still Store memory can be displayed as a background to the four video or graphic windows, creating a themed multimedia presentation. The unit can store up to six full screen high resolution images, offering an easy way to display frequently used images such as a company logo.
- Live video background from a dedicated DVI source — In addition to Graphic Still Store, live, full-motion, high resolution computer video or HDTV from a DVI source can be used as a background to any presentation. The DVI background input is also useful in cascading two or three MGP 464 or MGP 462xi units to create large-scale displays with six to 12 windows.
- EDID Emulation provides selectable resolutions and refresh rates to ensure reliable operation — The MGP 464 provides a means for specifying the rate of the DVI input, ensuring proper communication with the video source.
- Cascade MGP 462xi or MGP 464 units for additional windows — Two or three MGP 462xi or MGP 464 units can be cascaded to create large-scale displays with six to 12 windows.
- Window transition effects including dissolves, wipes, and cuts — Windows can be transitioned into and out of the image using dissolves, wipes, and simple cuts, resulting in smooth, professional presentations.
- Virtual video inputs allow wide-ranging combinations of composite video, S-video, and standard definition component video sources — Up to 15 virtual video inputs are available for standard definition component video, S-video, and composite video. The virtual video inputs accept up to 15 composite video sources, up to five component video sources, up to five S-video or five composite video connections, or wide-ranging combinations of all three formats to suit the requirements of various applications.
- True 19×4 input matrix switcher — A built-in 19 input, four output matrix switcher allows any input signal source to be routed to any, or all, on-screen windows. This provides total flexibility in creating, adapting, and controlling multi-window presentations.
- Auto-Image™ setup — The MGP 464 automatically optimizes the image to the scaled output rate, eliminating complex set-up procedures.
- Image freeze control — Any image in a picture-in-picture window can be frozen via the front panel, RS-232 or RS-422 control, or Ethernet control.
- Text overlay for window caption labeling — Each picture-in-picture window can be labeled with a text label of up to 16 characters, generated through RS-232 or RS-422 control or Ethernet control. Custom options are available for text positioning, text color, character size, translucent or color-selectable background, and text border.
- Picture controls for each window, including color, tint, brightness, contrast, and detail
- 128 memory presets for multiple window configurations — A total of 128 default memory presets are available, each with factory-loaded picture-in-picture window configurations. These configurations can be customized to allow quick saving and recall of size, positioning, and priority for all windows, and can also recall a previously stored background image.
- 3:2 NTSC and 2:2 PAL pulldown detection — Advanced film mode processing techniques help maximize image detail and sharpness for NTSC or PAL sources that originated from film.
- Aspect ratio control — The aspect ratio of the video signals to the windows can be controlled by selecting a FILL mode, which provides a full window display, or a FOLLOW mode, which preserves the original aspect ratio of the input signal.
- Quad standard video decoding — The MGP 464 uses a digital, four-line adaptive comb filter to decode NTSC 3.58, NTSC 4.43, PAL, and SECAM for integration into systems worldwide.
- Internal test patterns for calibration and setup — The MGP 464 offers several test patterns, including a crop pattern, crosshatch, 16 bar grayscale, color bars, alternating pixels, ramp, white field, 4 x 4 crosshatch for use with videowalls, three film aspect ratio patterns – 1.78, 1.85, and 2.35, crop patterns for setting up side-by-side windows, and two patterns for fully populating 4:3 and 16:9 screens with 4:3 images. It also features a blue-only mode for proper setup of video color and tint levels.
- Ethernet monitoring and control — Ethernet control enables the MGP 464 to be controlled and proactively monitored over a LAN, WAN, or the Internet.
- RS-232 and RS-422 control port — Using serial commands, the MGP 464 can be controlled and configured via the Extron Windows®-based control program, or integrated into a control system. Extron products use the SIS™ – Simple Instruction Set command protocol, a set of basic ASCII code commands that allow for quick and easy programming.
- Front panel security lockout — Prevents unauthorized use in non-secure environments. In lockout mode, a special button combination is required to operate the MGP 464 from the front panel.
- Rack-mountable 2U, full rack width metal enclosure with included brackets
- Highly reliable, energy-efficient internal universal power supply — The 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, international power supply provides worldwide power compatibility with high demonstrated reliability.