The Extron IN1508 is an eight input, AV presentation switcher that accepts and scales a wide range of video signals to a common, high resolution output rate. It can accommodate two composite video, two S-video, one standard or high definition component video, one DVI-D, and two RGB computer-video sources. Eight input stereo audio switching is also provided with independent gain and attenuation control. The ability to accept multiple inputs of varying formats along with many other convenient and useful features make the IN1508 a true presentation switcher that is an ideal centerpiece for mid-sized AV systems.
The IN1508 features a high performance scaling engine with the ability to scale standard definition video, high definition video, and computer-video signals up or down in resolution. With the IN1508, only a single RGBHV connection to the display is required, resulting in cost savings due to reduced installation time, cabling, and system programming. The IN1508 outputs RGB or component video output with selectable output rates from VGA (640×480) to WUXGA (1920×1200) resolution, as well as HDTV at 720p, 1080i, and 1080p/60.
For more enhanced, professional presentations, the IN1508 includes seamless switching between video and RGB inputs with selectable cut or fade to black transitions. The IN1508 also features a PIP picture-in-picture mode that allows a video source and an RGB source to be shown on one display. Several PIP presets are available, including side-by-side windows, and the PIP window can be dynamically positioned anywhere in the image.
The IN1508 is equipped for integrator friendly access and configuration, as well as user friendly operation via the front panel, RS-232, and the included IR 903 infrared remote control. An on-screen display facilitates easy menu navigation as well as display of operational information pertaining to the selected input and system settings. The IN1508 is housed in a 1U, full rack width enclosure and can easily be integrated into many environments.
- Integrates DVI, analog video, and audio sources into presentation systems — The IN1508 provides centralized switching for a wide range of AV sources.
- Inputs: Two composite video on BNC, two S-video on 4-pin mini DIN, HD/SD component video on BNCs, DVI-D, and two RGBHV on 15-pin HD; stereo audio for each input on RCAs or 3.5 mm mini jack
- Outputs: Scaled RGB or HD component video on 15-pin HD; stereo audio output on RCAs, stereo balanced/unbalanced audio output on captive screw connector
- DVI, RGB, HDTV, and standard definition video upscaling and downscaling — DVI, RGB computer-video, high definition video, and standard definition video sources can all be scaled to the desired output resolution. The IN1508 features an advanced scaling engine with high quality upscaling and downscaling of high resolution computer-video signals.
- PIP – picture-in-picture — Allows a video source to be displayed within an RGB image, or vice versa. Six preprogrammed PIP window options are available, including side-by-side windows, with dynamic, fully adjustable window positioning. Audio follow can be set for either the main or PIP window.
- Seamless switching — Switching is seamless between RGB and video inputs with selectable cut or fade to black transitions. Presentations can be enhanced by eliminating distracting visual jumps, glitches, and distortion commonly seen when switching between computer and video sources.
- On-screen display — The IN1508 features an on-screen display which facilitates easy menu navigation for setup and operation, as well as display of information pertaining to the selected input and system settings.
- Selectable output rates from 640×480 to 1920×1200, including HDTV 1080p/60 — Available output rates include computer-video up to WUXGA, 480p, 576p, and HDTV rates at 720p, 1080i, and 1080p/60.
- EDID Emulation provides selectable resolutions and refresh rates to ensure reliable operation — The IN1508 provides a means for specifying the rate of the incoming signal, ensuring proper communication with the video source.
- RGB or HD component video output
- Internal video test patterns for calibration and setup — The unit offers several video test patterns to facilitate proper system setup and calibration of display devices.
- Auto-Image™ setup — When activated, the unit automatically optimizes the image by analyzing and adjusting to the video input signal from inputs 6 and 7. This can save time and effort in setting up a newly connected source, particularly in presentation environments where different guest presenter laptops with various output resolutions will be connected.
- Audio switching with input gain and attenuation — The IN1508 features stereo audio switching for each input source. Gain or attenuation can be adjusted for each input. Audio is output as balanced or unbalanced with output volume control.
- Output Standby Mode — The unit can be set to automatically mute video and sync output to the display device when no active input signal is detected. This allows the projector or flat-panel display to automatically enter into standby mode to save energy and enhance lamp or panel life.
- Picture controls for brightness, contrast, color, tint, detail, and horizontal and vertical positioning, sizing, and zoom
- Aspect ratio conversion — Any video input can be adjusted horizontally and vertically to meet a specific aspect ratio requirement. Alternatively, the input aspect ratio may be specified as 4:3 or 16:9 and fixed.
- Front panel security lockout — This feature locks out all front panel functions except for input selection; all functions however, are available through RS-232 control.
- 3:2 NTSC and 2:2 PAL pulldown detection — Advanced film mode processing techniques help maximize image detail and sharpness for NTSC or PAL sources that originated from film.
- Quad standard video decoding — A digital, four-line adaptive comb filter provides decoding of NTSC 3.58, NTSC 4.43, PAL, and SECAM for integration into systems worldwide.
- IR remote control — The included Extron IR 903 handheld remote control allows for input source switching, picture-in-picture, and direct access to picture adjustments.
- RS-232 control port — Using serial commands, the IN1508 can be controlled and configured via an Extron MLC – MediaLink® Controller, or integrated into a control system.
- Rack-mountable 1U, full rack width metal enclosure
- Internal Extron Everlast™ power supply — Provides worldwide power compatibility, with high‑demonstrated reliability and low power consumption for reduced operating cost
- Extron Everlast Power Supply is covered by a 7‑year parts and labor warranty